Countly is an innovative, real-time, open source product analytics application. It collects data from mobile phones, desktop apps (Mac OS X & Windows), web apps and visualizes this information to analyze application usage and end-user behavior.
We believe that analytics software should be simple, incomplex and should just show the necessary information, with a superior user experience. Moreover, some companies may want to own their data, requiring to have analytics servers in their own premises. Since Countly is open source, you can install Countly service on your server farm.
Unlike other services, Countly is an all-in-one platform, including analytics for mobile, desktop and web pages, sending messages via push notifications, user profiles and crash reporting. This eliminates the need to use more than one service (which is good, since you do not have to maintain or pay for them), or more than one SDK (which is good, since you don't want to make your app fatter).
- Audience: Community Edition is for product managers, developers and analytics enthusiasts, whereas banks, operators, hospitals and businesses that run the world's leading websites choose Enterprise Edition.
- Deployment: Community Edition deployments are for environments where the information stored is not critical since it does not include professional assistance. You must have a qualified technician. Enterprise Edition is for corporate environments that require availability and reliability where intellectual capital is critical.
- Technology: Community Edition has a number of limitations, including no corporate support for sharding, replica sets or installation.
- Guarantee: Community Edition is on the bleeding edge regarding version upgrades and with no bugfix guarantee. Enterprise Edition has bugfix guarantee, immediate resolution, verified builds, on-site and automatic version upgrades.
- Features: Enterprise Edition has more features compared to Community Edition, with a focus on end-to-end analytics and marketing platform.
Countly tracks web apps and mobile devices using a small plugin (SDK) that you integrate in your application in under 10 minutes. After you submit your application to relevant application store, Countly immediately starts collecting data.
We distribute each version through our Github page. Countly changelog lists all Countly versions and corresponding changelogs. If you want to get notified when a new version is out, make sure you are subscribed to Countly newsletter.
Also Countly Assistant, which is enabled by default and available for both Enterprise Edition and Community Edition, will notify you when there is an update on major SDKs as well as Countly server with a bell icon on top right of your Countly panel.
Countly supports more than 10 languages. Head over to Countly localization project and support us if your language is not in the list. Sending an email to us will suffice to start.
You can create a 30-day free account on Countly, and start working on your dashboard. If you have a Digital Ocean account, it only takes 8 minutes to run Community Edition without doing any installation work.
Here are everything you need to start with your mobile analytics and push notifications platform:
- Server source code (main branch) can be found on Github, for those who want to try the latest code.
- Ready-to-install stable packages are in [Github releases page (https://github.com/Countly/countly-server/releases)
We want our application created not by a handful of developers, but hundreds. We want to discuss the future of Countly in an open, democratic environment. We want your ideas to put in the next release, so academics, businesses and SMEs can benefit immediately. Feel free to take part in our friendly community, and send your bug reports, feature requests, provide fixes and best practices.
Other than Countly Community Edition, we provide open source, supported, white-label Enterprise Edition for companies who want an self-hosted or on-cloud mobile analytics solution.
Versions are YY.MM.VV where YY and MM denote year and month when the release is submitted, and VV gives minor release number (if there's any) We'll try to keep time between each release roughly 12-16 weeks. For the curious, numbering resembles Ubuntu's release model.
Countly officially offers integration with world's three leading smartphone operating systems, Android, iOS and Windows Phone. Also, Countly can track desktop applications and any devices which are capable of sending HTTP requests in general, including but not limited to Windows and macOS. For a list of SDKs, see this page.
We take the privacy and security of all our users very seriously. Here’s a rundown:
- All data is hosted on Amazon’s AWS service or Google Cloud Services, which are two leading global cloud services.
- All Countly employees are bound by strict confidentiality agreements. Access to data is provided on a need-to-know basis only.
- You own your data, and Countly does not share it with any 3rd parties.
- Countly has several security precautions like SSL connection, recaptcha, brute force attack, password policy and (for enterprise customers) data-at-rest encryption.
Countly uses same SDK for iOS and macOS. Use this SDK to track your macOS applications. There is also a Windows SDK that you can use to track your Microsoft Windows apps.
Yes, one account can control more than one application. We see companies maintaining more than 300 apps at once, on a single server.
Glad you asked. We need ideas, feedbacks and constructive comments. All your suggestions will be handled by one of our staff and will be taken care with upmost importance. If you are a developer, please fork our repositories and send pull requests.
If you want to see Countly in your own language, please join our localization efforts.