- Ubuntu v16.04 or higher (excluding 18.04)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux v6.9 or higher
- CentOS Linux v6.9 or higher
Countly doesn't work on Microsoft Windows or MacOS platforms.
64 bit support only
32-bit MongoDB processes are limited to about 2 GB of data. The reason for this is that the MongoDB storage engine uses memory-mapped files for performance. For this reason, MongoDB decided not to support 32 bit, so we also dropped 32-bit support for new installations, starting from version 16.02.
Countly requires at least 2 CPUs (the more the better) for a good user experience.
- At least 2 GB of RAM for testing purposes
- 4 GB of RAM for moderate traffic
- 16-64 GB RAM or more for high traffic servers
Note that you may need different installation methods like sharding, to distribute traffic to several servers, for multi-billion API requests per month. Contact Countly team to discuss how to deploy Countly on a sharded environment.
Countly will not work on servers with 1GB of RAM.
Requirements for disk depends on the number of events and segmentations you send to your server.
- At least 20GB of disk space for testing purposes or low-traffic servers
- At least 100 GB of disk space for moderate traffic
- 1 TB or more for high traffic servers (SSD recommended)
For a more detailed breakdown of system requirements, please contact us directly to get hardware recommendations for your specific usage scenario.